"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."
Jane Austen

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh dear...



So I have to be up in approximately four in a half hours and my day consists of a quiz and two tests, all of which I am sufficiently under-prepared for. I have procrastinated too much this time and I will surely suffer the consequences of my actions. Oh well, I can only take things as they come now. And pray. And dream impossible things, like pulling a couple of A's out of hat. Speaking of dreaming impossible things, I wanted to share with anyone who cares, my favorite Lewis Carrol quote from Alice in Wonderland.

"There is no use in trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before."

I was reminded of this snippet of pure magic, courtesy of Mr. Carrol, when I found it printed on a magnet and for sale at Barnes and Noble. Needless to say I purchased it. So thank you 'quoteablemagnets' for making such a wonderful product.

I think I love Alice in Wonderland simply because it helps us remember just how far a good dose of 'impossible dreams' can go. Sometimes whimsy and fairy dust, or a purple Cheshire cat and a mad hatter, can be the perfect remedy for real life.

Now, I will attempt sleep and dream of many things... "of shoes, and ships, and sealing wax; of cabbages and kings."

2:15am

No comments:

Post a Comment