"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."
Jane Austen

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Well hello there.

Nice to see you all, it's been awhile.

In the time that has elapsed since my last post, I have graduated college and travelled through eleven European countries.

I have had honest to goodness Italian food, stood beneath the Eiffel Tower as it sparkled, seen the very place that Anne Boleyn lost her head, sailed around a Greek island, and trekked through the Black Forest. And that's only half of it.

I sit now, in a very strange place. Not physically of course, as I am currently in my room. But metaphorically, my life is the very definition of 'in between'. I am no longer a student but have yet to fully embrace the 'real' world. My job search has been less than ideal and more than a little disheartening. In the grand scheme of things, not so much time has passed since graduation that I should be gravely concerned for my professional career and yet, I have become closely acquainted with stress. In fact, I have come to equate my stressful bouts of anxious concern with the feeling one gets when donning a much worn coat. The sensation slips over me and settles all to comfortably on my shoulders in a way that both heightens and soothes the fickle feeling.

In lieu of these unfortunate affectations, I feel compelled to improve myself in the areas I have always wanted to improve. Things such as singing, dancing, and writing. Of course, this means I have to consider how much I may lack in said artistic expressions, which is not a consideration I particularly enjoy making.

Regardless, I feel inclined to make myself commit to something right now. Some sort of positive motion that will help me feel as if I'm moving forward and not stuck in this dreadful limbo.

I suppose we shall see how it all goes.

I apologize for the rather dreary nature of this post. To make up for it, I intend to post a joyful exclamation regarding my recent viewing of Wicked! To preface, I will say that it was all I had hoped and more. I loved it.

11:56pm

No comments:

Post a Comment