"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."
Jane Austen

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Perfect.

This morning I awoke to the sound of my alarm. Bon Iver's "Beach Baby" serenaded me into wakefulness and I opened my eyes to thin strips of sunshine glittering through my Venetian blinds. It made me smile and I took my sweet time getting out of bed. Seriously, there is no better way to set the tone of your day than to wake up smiling.

In honor of my near perfect morning and the beautiful art that Bon Iver creates when they make music, I thought I would post a video of them performing one of my favorites, "Skinny Love". Then, I stumbled on to something wonderful... Ingrid Michaelson singing a cover of "Skinny Love" and suddenly my day is actually perfect. Seriously, its gorgeous and she's another favorite of mine (introduced to me by my best friend! Thanks, R!) so I was delirious with joy for a few seconds.

It's different, and her voice almost feels more like a plea than Justin Vernon's when they sing it, but maybe that's why I love both versions so much. Two wonderful things, together and apart at the same time. Plus it makes me happy that she says it's one of her favorite songs. I was inspired to post this after reading a similar post at my friend Sarah Elizabeth's blog, which I loved; Regina Spektor + John Lennon. (http://sarahelizabethgriffin.blogspot.com/2010/04/real-love.html).

So here it is...


and Ingrid's cover...


12:54pm

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I posted just now somewhat of a response/addendum to this.

    ReplyDelete